Chris Cuomo, one of the “stars” on news network CNN, has been suspended for an indefinite amount of time as of November 30th, 2021. This suspension came after Chris lied about just how far he went to help his brother, former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, through the scandal that prematurely ended his career. Chris Cuomo allegedly used his work’s resources and his connections to help determine who former Gov. Cuomo’s accusers would be, how many there might be and who they’d spoken to.
“The New York Attorney General’s office released transcripts and exhibits Monday that shed new light on Chris Cuomo’s involvement in his brother’s defense. The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions. When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother’s staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly. But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second.
“However, these documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother’s efforts than we previously knew. As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation.”
New: CNN has suspended Chris Cuomo indefinitely. Here’s the full statement from the network. pic.twitter.com/G7aEYgsL6K
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) November 30, 2021
According to Fox news, Chris Cuomo told investigators “When asked, I would reach out to sources, other journalists, to see if they had heard of anybody else coming out.”
But back in August, Cuomo told his bosses that “I never made calls to the press about my brother’s situation.”
Meanwhile there has been at least once text from one of Andrew’s former aide’s that was sent by the anchorman. It stated, “I have a lead on the wedding girl.”
Below are just a few reactions. One on twitter came from a lady who posted a statement by President Trump. In case Twitter does take it down the statement says:
“Great news for television viewers, they have just suspended Chris Cuomo indefinitely! The big question is, was it because of his horrendous ratings, which in all fairness have permeated CNN and MSDNC, or was it because his brother is no longer Governor? Probably both. In any event, Fredo is gone!” – Statement by Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.
President Donald J. Trump:
"Great news for television viewers, they have just suspended Chris Cuomo indefinitely! The big question is, was it because of his horrendous ratings, which in all fairness have permeated CNN and MSDNC, or was it because… pic.twitter.com/pmKwCQ32lk
— Liz Harrington (@realLizUSA) November 30, 2021
The Daily Wire compiled a list of reactions to Cuomo’s suspension as well. Some of them have been provided below.
- David Harsanyi, National Review: “Chris Cuomo helped his brother cover up his role in the deaths of thousands of elderly NYers. And no one at CNN had a problem with it.”
- Steve Krakauer, political commentator: “While announcing Chris Cuomo’s indefinite suspension, Anderson Cooper was sitting next to … Jeffrey Toobin, who returned in June from an indefinite suspension.”
- Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN): “Chris Cuomo is a political activist masquerading as a journalist. He should’ve been taken off air a long time ago. The Cuomo mafia family will stop at nothing to silence and intimidate those that seek to speak the truth.”
- Logan Hall, The Daily Caller: “Cuomo suspension is small potatoes. call me when Joy Reid and the thousand other media goons worse than Cuomo are unemployed.”
- Kim Bellware, The Washington Post: “This Cuomo stuff is just so wild for those of us who know we could literally be fired for a mild-sauce tweet.”
- John Cardillo, political commentator: “Fredo finally got whacked.”
- Grant Addison, The Washington Examiner: “Do that water-carrying, pilgarlic hack Stelter next.”
- Isaac Chotiner, The New Yorker: “Even if you think his personal behavior was bad, you have to admit that losing Cuomo is a blow to journalism that will take at least five seconds to recover from.”