Sen. Marco Rubio, a Republican from the great state of Florida, has sent letter over to Pfizer, one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world and a mass producer of the coronavirus vaccine, demanding answers to serious questions that were raised through a new video from Project Veritas this week that allegedly shows an official who works for the company making the claim they were involved in controversial research that was related to the vaccine.
“The 10-minute video, which has been viewed nearly 20 million times, shows a man identified as Jordon Trishton Walker, Pfizer’s director of research and development, strategic operations – mRNA scientific planner, claiming that the company is ‘exploring’ ways to ‘mutate’ coronaviruses so they can create — preemptively develop new vaccines,'” the Daily Wire reported.
Listen, messing around with this kind of virus and trying to make it stronger is for the sake of research is what created the illness we’ve been doing battle with since the very beginning of the pandemic. I don’t think further messing with it is a real great idea at this point. But hey, what do I know, right?
“If we’re gonna do that though, there’s a risk of like, as you could imagine — no one wants to be having a pharma company mutating f***ing viruses,” he went on to say in the video. “Don’t tell anyone. Promise you won’t tell anyone. The way it [the experiment] would work is that we put the virus in monkeys, and we successively cause them to keep infecting each other, and we collect serial samples from them.”
Well that sounds extremely cruel, doesn’t it? Forcing these animals to undergo harsh testing like this that leaves them sick for long extended periods of time? Really? I mean, not to sound like an animal rights activist, but this sounds super messed up.
“You have to be very controlled to make sure that this virus [COVID] that you mutate doesn’t create something that just goes everywhere,” he continued. “Which, I suspect, is the way that the virus started in Wuhan, to be honest. It makes no sense that this virus popped out of nowhere. It’s bulls***.”
Rubio responded to the video through a letter addressed to Dr. Albert Bourla, chief executive officer and chairman of Pfizer.
“I write in response to troubling reports on Pfizer’s intention to mutate the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID) virus through gain-of-function, or ‘directed evolution,’ as detailed by Pfizer Director of Research and Development, Jordan Walker,” Rubio went on to say in his letter. “As has been proven time and time again, attempts to mutate a virus, particularly one as potent as COVID, are dangerous. If the claims detailed in the video are true, Pfizer has put its desire for profit over the concern of national and global health and must hold itself accountable.”
“In a video released by Project Veritas on January 25, 2023, Mr. Walker laid out Pfizer’s plans to develop new vaccines for future variants of COVID by mutating the virus through directed evolution, a process that uses protein engineering to impose natural selection on a living organism or other biological materials, including viruses,” the letter added. “Though he claimed the research is currently ‘exploratory,’ he detailed how the research would proceed, such as how scientists would inject the mutated viruses into monkeys and collect serial samples from other monkeys who are infected.”
Rubio then demanded that Pfizer answer a series of questions he deemed to be of vital importance:
- What efforts is Pfizer currently, or planning to, engage in to mutate the SARS-CoV-2 virus?
- Does Pfizer intend to continue mutating the SARS-CoV-2 virus through gain-of-function, or directed evolution research, with the purpose of creating new vaccines before the variant is present in the greater population?
- Has Pfizer engaged with federal officials engaged regarding their plans to oversee this research? Please provide the names and agencies for these individuals.
- What steps has Pfizer taken to ensure the mutated virus does not leak from the laboratory and infect the greater population?
- Has Pfizer engaged with other biopharmaceutical companies to collaborate on this research effort? Please list the entities that you have been in contact with.
- Will you commit to halting any future research that mutates the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine as substantial evidence has indicated that similar dangerous research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology very likely led to the initial emergence and global spread of the virus?
We most definitely need to know the answers to these questions and probably many, many others. There’s a lot of things we still do not know about the vaccine and whether or not it is really beneficial in fighting off the coronavirus. While, for the most part, the pandemic came to an end a long while ago, people are still experiencing some strange stuff after taking the shot. It’s worth knowing what’s going on there and how pharmaceutical companies are conducting themselves with the research they are doing, not only as it concerns this vaccine, but every project they are working on.